Boarding at Our Dog Hotel
DOES ANIMAL MEDICAL CENTER OFFER A DOG HOTEL?
Yes! At Animal Medical Center, we have a designated boarding wing designed to care for your dog while you are away. We have various sized condos and runs. Boarding a dog can be stressful for both the owner and the dog. We don’t want you to worry while you are away! Our Kennel Technicians devote their day to keeping your dog comfortable and healthy.
WHY KEEP YOUR DOG AT A VETERINARY HOSPITAL?
Utilizing a dog hotel at a veterinary hospital offers many advantages over a facility that is strictly boarding. First and foremost, any medical attention your dog needs will be handled during their stay. What if your dog becomes sick while you are away??? Any dog staying with us at Animal Medical Center is considered a patient. Our Kennel Technicians are trained to assess and notice any signs of illness in the boarding dogs. They alert a veterinarian of any problems. The illness or abnormality will be then be addressed with the owners permission. If the owner can not be reached, we will treat the dog as one of our own. Any diagnostics, medications and other treatments will be performed to bring the dog back to a healthy state.
In addition to the ability to offer medical attention, any follow up exams, vaccinations and even surgeries can be performed while your dog stays at our dog hotel. Does your dog need a booster vaccine or recheck on labwork? No problem! We can take care of these things and save you an extra trip to the veterinarian. Does your dog need a surgery or dental procedure? These can also be done during the boarding time. Post operative care and the often needed rest and restricted activity are easily provided while your dog stays with us at Animal Medical Center. A third benefit of using our dog hotel at our veterinary practice is the ability to give medications. Many dogs need medications daily. Some even need injections like insulin. Our trained staff keep a detailed list of your dogs medication needs and keep them on schedule.
WHAT IS A TYPICAL DAY LIKE FOR MY DOG AT THE DOG HOTEL?
Our Kennel Technicians are busy all day making sure your dog is happy and comfortable. We have 2 yards for the dogs. Each dog is let out individually. The dogs are put in a yard to play and potty 3-4 times a day. They are fed in the morning and evening. If your dog has a special diet schedule, this will be followed when boarding. All messes are cleaned up immediately. Any medications are given at the time needed for each individual dog. The dogs are given attention and love throughout to make this a positive experience.
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR MY DOG’S STAY AT THE DOG HOTEL
Besides making a reservation, there are a few things you need to do to prepare:
- Is my dog up to date on vaccinations?? Each dog staying with us is up to date on the core vaccines which include Rabies, Parvo,Distemper, Adenovirus, Parainfluenza and Bordetella. This limits the risk of disease spread in the kennel. If your dog is due for any of these, we can update during their stay. Not sure your dog is up to date?? Give us a call or download our reminder app (Petdesk) to review your dog’s medical file.
- Diet needs should be evaluated before boarding. If your dog has a special diet, please bring enough for us to feed when you are gone. Also, bring the food if your dog gets tummy upset when the diet is changed. Does your dog have a favorite treat? Bring those too! We don’t want your dog to miss out while at our hospital. If diet is not a concern, the dogs boarding at Animal Medical Center eat high quality Hill’s Science Diet. Please keep in mind that most dogs staying with us will have a decrease in their appetite. This a common response when their environment is changed.
- Please bring any medications your dog is taking to the clinic. We will make sure your dog stays on schedule and receives all medication.
- Toys and bedding are also allowed while boarding. Sometimes the dog is comforted by having his/her favorite toy or blanket. We will label these items upon arrival and keep them with your dog.
- A little nervous about leaving your dog? Then come on by and tour our facility. Talk with our staff and have any questions answered. We want you to feel comfortable and leave knowing your dog is in the best care.
HOW DO I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR MY DOG AT THE DOG HOTEL?
Just give us a call when you need to board your dog. Depending on the availability, a small, medium, large condo or run can be reserved. Please keep in mind that holidays book quickly! Please call in advance for busy times like Christmas and July 4th. Upon making a reservation, a boarding form will need to be filled out. This form gives us important information on contact phone numbers, diet, medications and items brought that need labeling. Also we will need a signed permission form to allow our veterinarians to provide medical attention in the event the owner can not be reached. We look forward to being the “home away from home” for your special dog!