Boarding at Our Cat Hotel
DOES ANIMAL MEDICAL CENTER OFFER A CAT HOTEL?
Yes! At Animal Medical Center, we have a designated wing designed to care for your cat while you are away. We have various sized condos. Boarding a cat can be stressful for both the owner and the cat. We don’t want you to worry while you are away! Our Kennel Technicians devote their day to keeping your cat comfortable and healthy.
WHY KEEP YOUR CAT AT A VETERINARY HOSPITAL?
Utilizing a cat hotel at a veterinary hospital offers many advantages over a facility that is strictly boarding. First and foremost, any medical attention your cat needs will be handled while staying with us. What if your cat becomes sick while you are away??? Any cat staying with us at Animal Medical Center is considered a patient. Our Kennel Technicians are trained to assess and notice any signs of illness in the boarding cats. They alert a veterinarian of any problems. The illness or abnormality will be then be addressed with the owners permission. If the owner can not be reached, we will treat the cat as one of our own. Any diagnostics, medications and other treatments will be performed to bring the cat back to a healthy state.
In addition to the ability to offer medical attention, any follow up exams, vaccinations and even surgeries can be performed while staying at the cat hotel. Does your cat need a booster vaccine or recheck on labwork? No problem! We can take care of these things and save you an extra trip to the veterinarian. Does your cat need a surgery or dental procedure? These can also be done during the boarding time. Post operative care and the often needed rest and restricted activity are easily provided while your cat stays with us at Animal Medical Center. A third benefit of boarding at our veterinary practice is the ability to give medications. Many cats need medications daily. Some even need injections like insulin. Our trained staff keep a detailed list of your cat’s medication needs and keep them on schedule.
WHAT IS A TYPICAL DAY LIKE FOR MY CAT AT THE CAT HOTEL?
Our Kennel Technicians are busy all day making sure your cat is happy and comfortable. Our cat kennels are in a separate room, away from the noise of the dog kennel and clinic. The cats stay in their kennel during their stay. We have found letting the cats out for “play time” often produces more stress than relief. Cats prefer to hide and remain in cozy spaces when in a new environment. Have you ever noticed that your cat fights going into the pet taxi to travel to the veterinarian? But once the vet visit is over, most cats hop right back in the pet taxi right??? This is because the small protective space of the taxi is comforting to the cat. Thus, your cat will feel safe in their quiet kitty condo while staying at our facility. Cats are fed in the morning and evening. If your cat has a special diet schedule, this will be followed when boarding. All messes are cleaned up immediately. Any medications are given at the time needed for each individual cat. The cats are given attention and love throughout the day to make this a positive experience.
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR MY CAT’S HOTEL STAY
Besides making a reservation, there are a few things you need to do to prepare for a boarding appointment.
- Is my cat up to date on vaccinations?? Each cat staying with us is up to date on the core vaccines which include Rabies, Calivirus, Panleukopenia, Rhinotracheitis, Chlamydia and Feline Leukemia. This limits the risk of disease spread in the kennel. If your cat is due for any of these, we can update while boarding. Not sure your cat is up to date?? Give us a call or download our reminder app (Petdesk) to review your cat’s medical file.
- Diet needs should be evaluated before boarding. If your cat has a special diet, please bring enough for us to feed when you are gone. Also, bring the food if your cat gets tummy upset when the diet is changed. Does your cat have a favorite treat? Bring those too! We don’t want your cat to miss out while at our hospital. If diet is not a concern, the cats staying at Animal Medical Center eat high quality Hill’s Science Diet. Please keep in mind that most cats staying with us will have a decrease in their appetite. This a common response when their environment is changed.
- Please bring any medications your cat is taking to the clinic. We will make sure your cat stays on schedule and receives all medication.
- Toys and bedding are also allowed while staying at the cat hotel. Sometimes the cat is comforted by having his/her favorite toy or blanket. We will label these items upon arrival and keep them with your cat.
- A little nervous about leaving your cat? Then come on by and tour our facility. Talk with our staff and have any questions answered. We want you to feel comfortable and leave knowing your cat is in the best care.
HOW DO I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR MY CAT TO STAY AT OUR CAT HOTEL?
Just give us a call when your cat needs to stay at our cat hotel. Depending on the availability, a medium or large kennel can be reserved. Please keep in mind that holidays book quickly! Please call in advance for busy times like Christmas and July 4th. Upon making a reservation, a boarding form will need to be filled out. This form gives us important information on contact phone numbers, diet, medications and items brought that need labeling. Also we will need a signed permission form to allow our veterinarians to provide medical attention in the event the owner can not be reached. We look forward to being the “home away from home” for your special cat!